Nasha Shkola Admissions and Enrollment Policies and Procedures
Information About Enrolling in Public Kindergarten
Информация о зачислении детей в нулевой класс
Initial Interest Form (also called “Application”) and Application Procedures
- Open Enrollment Period for the next school year is October 1 st – February 15th during which interested students may submit an Application for enrollment in grades K-8.
- For the current school year, interested students may submit an Application at any time.
- An Application must be completed and submitted for all prospective students in order to be considered for enrollment. This requirement is applicable to both sibling and non-sibling applicants.
- Nasha Shkola is not responsible for mistakes or omissions on submitted Initial Interest Forms/ Applications or Enrollment Forms; an incomplete application will not be considered for enrollment. NOTE: The Application for enrollment in the current school year is different from the Application for enrollment for the next school year.
- Sibling/children-of-staff applications received after the close of the Open Enrollment Period will receive preference provided there are available seats after all applications submitted by the close of the open enrollment period have been accepted.
- Nasha Shkola shall enroll an eligible pupil who submits a timely Application, unless the number of applications exceeds the capacity of a grade level. In this case, pupils will be accepted by lot and subject to the preference policy below.
- Nasha Shkola shall give preference in the following order for enrollment: o Siblings, including foster siblings, of a currently- enrolled pupil o Children of the school’sstaff
- Openings are determined in the following manner:
- Grade level and class size limits as determined by the Board of Directors
- The number by which the Board has approved over-enrolling a grade level in anticipation of changes prior to the actual start of the school year
- An enrolled student is assumed to be enrolled for subsequent years unless the school receives notification of withdrawal. Grade level enrollments may exceed the class size limits as determined by the Board if necessary to accommodate currently enrolled students.
- All parents/guardians of applicants will be notified via email by the third school day after the close of the Open Enrollment Period of their child’s enrollment status including any necessary lottery. This email notification will include the time, date and location of the lottery.
- If a student withoutsiblings already enrolled in the school is enrolled and begins classes AFTER the lottery has taken place (but before the current school year ends) and has a sibling who submitted an Application, then that sibling will receive sibling preference and be admitted if there are available seats in the applicable grade after all students who timely submitted completed applications for that particular grade and year are admitted.
If a lottery is necessary, it will be conducted on the first Friday in March after the close of the Open Enrollment Period.
The process for filling all openings/available seats will be as follows:
- Siblings of Admitted Students: Siblings, who submit an Application before the expiration of the Open Enrollment Period, of currently admitted students are automatically admitted unless the number of sibling applications exceed the available enrollment established by the Board for the applicable grade(s). If the number of sibling applications exceeds available enrollment in any grade, a sibling lottery is held for each such grade. Siblings are Updated 01.01.14 admitted to the school in the order in which they are drawn in the lottery. If all available enrollment in a grade is filled by siblings, the sibling lottery continues and establishes the sibling waiting list, which has preference over both the staff-children waiting list and the general waiting list.
- Children of Staff Employed at Nasha Shkola: Children of staff employed at the school who submit an Application before the expiration of the Open Enrollment Period, are automatically admitted provided that all siblings (of already admitted students) who submitted a timely Application are admitted, and provided there is available enrollment as determined by the Board for the applicable grade(s). If the number of children of staff exceedsthe available enrollment established by the Board for any grade (and after all siblings (of admitted students) who submitted a timely Application are admitted), a staff- children lottery is held. Children of staff are admitted to the school in the order in which they are drawn in the lottery. If all available enrollment in a grade is filled by children of staff, the staff-children lottery continuesto establish the staff-children waiting list for each such grade which has preference over the general waiting list.
- General Lottery: If the number of Applications received during the Open Enrollment Period exceeds available enrollment established by the Board for any grade (and after siblings (of admitted students) who submitted timely Applications are already admitted or establish a sibling waiting list, and after all children of staff employed at the school who submitted a timely Application are already admitted or establish a staff-children waiting list), the school conducts a general lottery. All timely Applications for each such grade(s) (excluding timely Applications from siblings of already admitted students and excluding timely Applications from children of staff employed at the school) received before the expiration of the Open Enrollment Period are included in the general lottery. Students are admitted to the school in the order in which they are drawn in the lottery, as long as there is available enrollment as determined by the Board for the applicable grade(s). If all available enrollment in any grade is filled, the lottery continues and establishes the general waiting list for each such grade in the order drawn, until all applications are drawn. If a student is admitted through the general lottery and that student has one or more siblingsin other grades also subject to a lottery, those siblings are automatically admitted as long as available enrollment as determined by the Board remains in the applicable grade(s).
Applications received after the Open Enrollment Period expires are automatically admitted as long as there is available enrollment as established by the Board in the applicable grade, in the order received. If, or once, there is no available enrollment in any grade, applications are added to the applicable waiting list for each such grade, in the order received.
The School conducts all lotteries through a method of random selection.
Accepting and Confirming Enrollment
The parent/guardian of any student being slotted into an opening after any applicable lottery will be sent Enrollment Forms for the student following the lottery. These forms must be completed by date indicated. If the completed forms are not received by the specified deadline, the spot will be forfeited.
For students on a waitlist, parents/guardians will be notified when they may enroll the student to fill an eligible opening. The opening must be accepted or declined within 3 school days. No reply will be considered a decline of the offer.