Current Nasha Shkola Employment Opportunities
Elementary Literacy Tutor - Minnesota Reading Corps, Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota Reading Corps will be placing one Elementary Literacy Tutor in Nasha Shkola Charter School for 11 months during the 2016-2017 school year.
The Elementary Literacy Tutor will work one-on-one with children in grades K-3. Prescribed literacy interventions and weekly progress monitoring will be used to ensure that students are progressing to read at grade level by the end of third grade. One full-time tutor will serve at Nasha Shkola in Minnetonka.
This is not a Nasha Shkola Charter School District position. The individual placed, however, will serve in the Nasha Shkola Charter School.
- Strong interest in education, specifically helping children develop early language and literacy skills
- Experience working with children, preferably in an early childhood setting or as a literacy tutor
- Computer skills, including the ability to navigate and use online database systems and e-mail
- Dedication to community service
Responsible, organized, flexible, motivated, professional
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make a commitment to complete 11 months of service (August, 2016 – June, 2017)
- High school diploma or GED and must be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Speak, read, and write English fluently
Service start date: August, 2016
Service end date: June, 2017
Stipend: Monthly living allowance of approximately $1,088 and education award of $5,775.
Living allowance will be provided through Minnesota Reading Corps.
How to apply: This position is for the 2016-2017 school year and begins next August.
To read more about the program, including a full position description, and to
apply, visit www.MinnesotaReadingCorps.org.