My name is Sharon Oliech and I am so glad to join the Nasha Shkola family! For my family, I have a son named Joseph who will be starting 7th grade. I grew up near the small town of Maynard, population 450 people, and then later lived in two cities that each had populations of over 3 million (Chicago and Nairobi, Kenya)! I’m looking forward to meeting each of you and partnering with you in the education of your child.
The part of teaching that is the most rewarding for me:
I love seeing when my students understand something and when they get excited about the lessons. I love helping students learn to read and to see them improve over the course of the year.
For me fun is…
- Sleeping in late on a Saturday morning.
- Drinking lattes or cappuccinos.
- Bike riding with my son or walking outside.
- Reading a good book.
- Playing volleyball.
- Visiting with friends and family.
B.A. at Bethel University in Elem. Edu. K-6
Professional teaching experiences:
I have taught 1st and/or 2nd grade in these locations:
- Clear Lake, Iowa
- Chicago, IL
- Nairobi, Kenya (East Africa)
- Foreston, MN
- Cambridge, MN
- Brooklyn Park, MN
- I am also a pianist, and taught piano students in Foley, MN